About Us | Consistent excellence is no coincidence
Signature Escrow & Title Services is a well-established local title and real estate settlement services company that has earned a strong reputation and leadership role on the Seacoast of New Hampshire and Maine.
Real Estate Professionals, Lenders, and Buyers and Sellers of commercial and residential property look to Signature as their preferred local source for title and real estate settlement services.
Efficient, easy, and smooth closings
Working as a highly experienced team, our attorneys, processors, abstractors and closing officers take pride in consistently paying meticulous attention to detail. We will:
- Determine from the public record the Seller's rights to a property while ensuring that the Buyer receives all intended rights
- Confirm annual tax amounts and the Seller's current tax status with the town
- Collect payoff figures for the current liens on the property to be paid at closing
- Check that the Buyer has arranged for homeowner's insurance coverage, paid for the first year's premium prior to closing, and verify the annual premium
- Schedule closing with all parties at a convenient time and location
- Work with the Buyer's/Borrower's lender to prepare a closing package
- Conduct a professional and efficient closing
- Handle post-closing Deed & Mortgage recordings
- Prepare title insurance policies with finesse and speed
From the Lender's "OK to close" to our preparation of a Closing Disclosure to scheduling convenient closing times, Signature is known for smoothing the way to a comfortable, stress-free final transaction.
We're local, easy to work with, and offer highly competitive pricing. Plus, we can provide Buyers with the added guarantee of title insurance - all in one go.
A single point of service
Working closely with the Realtor, Lender, and/or Buyer (depending on whether the purchase is being financed), Signature will initiate and conduct a title search of the property.
Determining the quality of the title to property requires the knowledge of an experienced, reliable team player like Signature.
Title searches often reveal minor problems that need correction before the title is "clear." Signature can readily solve these problems by obtaining and recording "corrective" documents. If there is a title issue, it is the seller's responsibility to clear the matter prior to closing. Signature will readily guide the parties through the resolution process.
On average, transaction files are in process for two to four weeks. Assuming no title problems exist, we've also been known to close in less than 48 hours, if that's what it takes to get to the closing table.
Call us today or click here to contact a member of our knowledgeable staff to answer any questions you may have regarding title search and real estate settlement services.
We Are Committed to Safeguarding Customer Information
Types of Information
Depending upon which of our services you are utilizing, the types of nonpublic personal information that we may collect include:
• Information we receive from you on applications, forms and in other communications to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone or any other means;
• Information about your transactions with us, or others; and
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
Use of Information
We request information from you for our own legitimate business purposes and not for the benefit of any nonaffiliated party. Therefore, we will not release your information to nonaffiliated parties except: (1) as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have requested of us; or (2) as permitted by law. We may, however, store such information indefinitely, including the period after which any customer relationship has ceased. Such information may be used for any internal purpose, such as quality control efforts or customer analysis.
Confidentiality and Security