The mission at Signature Escrow & Title is to ensure the safety and privacy of each employee, client, customer and vendor while still providing essential services. As such, Signature has adopted measures to address the COVID-19 Pandemic. These measures are amended as necessary to comply with and/or exceed local, national and global protocol to bring the spread of the virus to a halt.
Due to necessary safety measures in our current environment, closings may be delayed a day or two to allow buyers and sellers sufficient time to review documents.
- Associates are provided the opportunity to work remotely utilizing a secure platform. Currently, 35% of our staff is working off-site.
- On-site associates’ workstations are located a minimum of 6’ away from one another complying with the established standard for social and physical distancing.
- Employees exhibiting any signs of illness or who have been exposed to someone with an illness are required to stay at home. (NO EMPLOYEES HAVE HAD SYMPTOMS OR KNOWN CONTACT AT THIS TIME).
- Signature offices are available to customers for closings on a case by case basis and only by appointment.
- Every surface is disinfected throughout the office daily. Closing room surfaces, including chairs, are disinfected prior to and immediately following every closing.
- Closing conference rooms are situated a minimum of 20’ away from on-site associates in a separate wing of the office.
- Only one closing will take place at any given time with no overlapping closing times.
- Buyers and sellers are being scheduled at separate times to keep the number of people in the office to a minimum. Realtors — please plan to deliver deposit checks in advance of the closing date or, preferably, retain deposit checks toward the commission. Keys and exchange of other information must take place outside of the closing.
- Only signing parties are allowed in a closing. No Realtors, lenders or family members are allowed to attend closings.
- Whenever possible, closing packages are being emailed to customers to either be printed and reviewed in advance of the closing to reduce the amount of time in the office.
- Curbside closings are being arranged with customers on a case by case basis.
- Mail away closings are also being offered to customers.
- Handshaking or any other form of personal contact is prohibited.
- New and unused pens are being provided to each signing party with the instruction that the pens are to be taken by the customer upon departure.
- Where possible, doors are being propped open to minimize the need for contact with doorknobs.
- Customers who are exhibiting any signs of illness or have been exposed to anyone exhibiting such signs must reschedule their closing.
Such measures will stay in place or be amended as necessary until such time that the CDC issues a statement clearing the current pandemic crisis.
Thank you all for doing your part in reducing the spread of COVID-19 by adhering to established protocols, supporting and strengthening one another and finding solutions to our current challenges. Together, we will overcome this calamity.
Be well, Your Signature Escrow & Title Services Team